Monday, December 12, 2011

The 8th Day of Christmas: Rosette and Stick Wreath

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I definitely ate too much junk food... but I scored a beautiful table to makeover soon.  Wooh!
Remember how I love Pinterest? I know most of you do too.  If you don't do it yet, I'll totally send you an invite.  Just let me know.  Anyway, during the fall decor season I pinned a bunch of wreaths and today I want to walk you through how to make one for $1 (give or take a little).  You can pick your own season, so mine is obviously Christmas (interchangeable with Valentine's Day).
First off, here are the inspiration wreaths:


So here is The 8th Day of DIY Decor Christmas: Rosette and Stick Wreath.

I bought this stick wreath at the thrift store for $1.  There were a bunch of them so I am confident that you can find one that works at your own thrift store (at least something similar).

 I made the rosettes by tying a knot at the end of a strip of material that I cut about an inch and a half wide.

Then I twisted and hot glued it.

And when it was the size I wanted, I cut the excess material.

 I made other rosettes in different colors and patterns and glued them all on the side of the wreath.  Sorry, this is as good as my pictures of this get.  This is just to give you inspiration.  Frankly, I love the inspiration fall wreaths that I pinned a few months ago more than my own.  But maybe that's because I already have a Christmas wreath that is more my style.  But this is a great project for $1 and 15 minutes of my time.


3 comments:

  1. That's a sweet wreath! And sooo easy! Even I could do make it...thanks for the tutorial on the flowers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute! But I DO LOVE your Christmas Wreath...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...